My Mom - Ruth Ann Jespersen

Friday, February 02, 2007

Oh my Goodness

I have been putting this off because I haven't honestly wanted to put in words for everyone to see what is going on.
Mom is not doing well. She had two falls earlier this week.
She had her first visit from her new doctor - he is from the Hospice service and makes house calls.
Hospice has brought Mom a hospital bed with rails, to help her from falling or hurting herself.
Hospice has also brought a shower chair, a toilet chair and oxygen.

Little Esther sent some $ to Mom for her beloved ice cream. That was so sweet.
Larry and David came for a visit on Monday. This was the day of her first fall -despite that, Mom still enjoyed their visit. She was so tickled because they were going to go to Cabella's on their way home.

Mom needs around the clock 24 hour care right now. This may change, as she recovers from her falls. Right now, we (the family and dear sweet Celia, who is family!) are taking care of her. I am sure that there are many others who would be willing to come and help - you have been telling us all along. We appreciate the offers and will let you know if we come to a point where we need additional help.

Her Relief Society has also stepped in and is bringing meals in every day for the next week or so. I have scheduled my next trip and so has Alice. I believe that Louise might be coming after Alice's visit.

Her phone has been quiet lately. This is appreciated. Mom needs time to rest. I haven't even talked to her much this week, just a few minutes last night and a few minutes on Tuesday. When I spoke with her last night, she was trying so hard to carry on a conversation with me and be chit chatty but she wasn't making total sense. She is on pretty heavy pain medication.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I should have listened to my instincts. I had decided if there was not a posting this evening when I looked at the blog, I was going to write the blog, but also send Celia an email, to see what was going on. I just had a bad feeling about things.

    I hope Ruth Ann begins to stablize and that the medications give her relief but with as little mental confusion as possible.

    You will all continue to be in my prayers, and as I have said before, PLEASE let me know if you would like me to come up to help out!!!!

    Love to all,
    Jeannie Juergens
    PS Gene says "Hi" too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home