Update
Mom has had a good past few days. It seems like it is harder and harder for her to remember things and to keep things straight in her head.
Today, she went to the temple with Celia. They went to the Salt Lake temple and it was closed. So they decided to drive to the Jordan River temple. Mom enjoyed herself - she couldn't find her white hat that Celia had made for her to ear in the temple. Celia said (after they spent quite a bit of time looking for it) that she should just make her another one - it would be faster.
They enjoyed their day together, regardless.
Mom got a few things in the mail - she is constantly getting cards. Today, she got a card from my cousin Mikel. This was appreciated.
Today, she went to the temple with Celia. They went to the Salt Lake temple and it was closed. So they decided to drive to the Jordan River temple. Mom enjoyed herself - she couldn't find her white hat that Celia had made for her to ear in the temple. Celia said (after they spent quite a bit of time looking for it) that she should just make her another one - it would be faster.
They enjoyed their day together, regardless.
Mom got a few things in the mail - she is constantly getting cards. Today, she got a card from my cousin Mikel. This was appreciated.

2 Comments:
At 6:27 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I agree with Celia....Gene keeps saying that we spend our days looking for what we misplaced the day before! I don't admit to that yet, but I guess it will come for me too.
I am glad Ruth Ann is having a few better days. I hope tomorrow will be a FANTASTIC day and don't forget we, here in Texas love you a LOT!
Jeannie Juergens
At 3:45 AM ,
Anonymous said...
What do you mean "the Temple was closed?" Like a store with a sign on the door or what? "Back in 15 minutes" "Gone fishing" (for souls of course, not soles)
What if the other Temple had been closed? Doesn't Salt Lake City have a hot line to call, like we have back here for getting information on where a movie is playing and at what time? I think they should be open 24/7 to make it easier to go whenever you need to. Like the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem. I don't think it has any special hours. Maybe. You could look it up.
Nice that they could make a hat to replace the one they could not find. That wouldn't work for me, I would need one of those machines they have at the hardware store for making duplicate keys, not a sewing machine.
And I don't want to bore you with another story about Lilly J. but she got so bad that Paul J. made a lanyard for her to wear around her neck for her house (apartment) key. I actually was with her once when she claimed to have lost her key and it was hanging around her neck. When I pointed that out to her of course she still wanted to blame someone else for her mistake, "Well, if Paul had made it shorter it wouldn't be so out of sight all the time."
You just can't win sometimes. Or maybe these are little trials that test our ability to remain calm and patient in spite of the fact that life on Earth is pretty weird in general. Hopefully, our memories will be restored to us one day. Or do we really want that? You tell me.
Kim and Mark in Maine
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home