My Mom - Ruth Ann Jespersen

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Price, Park City, where else?

Mom had a busy day yesterday.
On Tuesday, we drove to Price stopping along the way. We stopped at the salon and she got a pedicure. (Uncle Mark, she thought that maybe you would like to pay for this, since you wanted to volunteer to pay for the bath salts!)
We also stopped by to see Nancy for a quick minute at the Family History Center. Nancy has been on some travels and so it was nice for the two of them to see each other.
We stopped by the furniture store to see Mark and take a bathroom break. We then went to his house and he followed shortly after. We went out for Mark's birthday dinner and then went out for ice cream.
Wednesday we were planning to see Paul and their family as they headed out of town. Paul didn't get packed quite as fast as he thought. So Mom and I headed off to Park City so that she could say good bye to their family. We took them lunch and snapped a couple of pictures. Paul and his family are moving back to Virginia.

Overall, I had a nice visit. Mom is more shakey - it is harder for her to get up.
She does love her ice cream - she has it almost at every meal.

Celia spent today with her. I am grateful that Mom has such dear friends and family.

I spoke with Mom's nurse today. She has lots to discuss with Mom tomorrow - her shortness of breath (even if it the inversion, it still bothers me), her stomach which is quite swollen, her forgetfulness, and switching her attending physician. Her current attending physician is the lung oncologist, whom she hasn't seen since November. Her hospice has a medical director who can be her attending physician AND he does do house calls.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh nice, we offer to buy Ruth Ann a rubber duckie for the tub and you guys go out to a spa instead. Well, OK. Let me know and I will send you a check along with some coupons for ice cream, seems like something you can use.

    I haven't had any ice cream (real ice cream) for so long I can't remember how good it tastes. Of course I am always looking for ways to lose weight without having to excercise (too sweaty and I don't like being around other sweaty people, especially sweaty people with perfect bodies). So I discovered Toffutti ice cream bars. They're not bad as long as someone doesn't offer you a real one to compare it to. I still haven't lost any weight but I have not had to enroll in a gym or health club yet either. I am maintaining as they say.

    I wonder if having a perfect body in Eternity means the same thing I am thinking it means? Young, around 22, no love handles. Oh well, we'll see. Maybe everyone is pleasantly filled out up there. Who knows. Did you ever see the movie with Meryl Streep where you go to heaven and you can eat whatever you want and she pigs out on hot dogs. Gross. They probably don't have hot dogs there either. It would offen the Jews and Muslims for sure and we don't need to continue that battle up there for god's sake. Then again, Mohammed was lifted up to heaven on his favorite horse so that is one up on us Christians who don't get to take anything with us. And their martyrs get to meet up with a bunch of vestal virgins.

    Who said we are in the true church again??

    Uncle Mark (with Aunt Kim refraining on this one due to content objections)

     
  • At 4:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OFFEND NOT OFFEN. IS THERE A SPELL CHECK ON THIS BLOG OR DO I HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO THAT MYSELF??

     
  • At 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Now, Mark & Kim,

    There is ice cream and then there is Blue Bell Ice Cream......just ask Ruth Ann, or come to Texas and we will show you the difference. I know you do not remember me, but just keep in mind that I am a nut and a BIG teaser!

    Karen,

    Just let us know when that Blue Bell begins to run dangerouly low, I am sure there are some of us that can find some more to send to Utah for Ruth Ann.
    Also, for those of us that are not close by, thank each and every one of you that take such good care of Ruth Ann for us. Even though we may not be related by blood, I do know that she is a very Dear Sister of mine.


    Love to you all,
    Jeannie Juergens

     
  • At 5:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sorry that it has taken me so long to post a comment here. I do keep Ruth Ann in my prayers every day. We loved her so much when she was with us in Spring Branch Ward and continue to remember her fondly.

    I can relate to the love for ice cream. I love my Fat Free After Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt. Since it's Fat Free, I feel I can have some even if I am trying to watch my weight.

    I'm so glad to know that there are so many friends and family around you right now to be there to support you and care for you. Sending my love, prayers, and good wishes.

    Margaret Schoener

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home