New Year
Mom still remains tired. She had 6 phone calls from the same person in one day - and it wasn't me!
Mom had a nice quiet New Years.
Yesterday Celia came over for a visit and they went to the temple. Mom got a new hat from Celia that is her new favorite - it is all white so she can wear it in the temple and not be self conscious.
Gene and Jeannnie Juergens stopped by for a visit as well and Mom enjoyed that.
She heard from a dear old friend, Jane Winkel as well.
She has been so touched by everyone who wants to help her and be with her and care for her.
It was my birthday on Tuesday and Mom has been so out of sorts that she didn't realize it. This made me quite sad. Yesterday when I talked to her, she wished me a Happy Birthday. I think she thought that the 3rd was the 2nd. Either way, it is hard for her to keep her days straight.
Randy had an extended visit with Mom. When I talked to him on his way home, he mentioned that we need to continue to up her level of care. She is also more and more forgetting things. When it is something that isn't important, then obvious there is no reason to remind her or correct her.
We believe that the steroids are working for her and she does feel good - her headaches have gotten less and her queasiness has subsided quite a bit. This we are definitely grateful for.
Yesterday I talked to her a couple of times. She was quite chit-chatty with me. In the evening conversation, I asked her if she wanted me to bring out a new Relief Society manual to her. She said "no, I have one". I asked her where she got it. She said that she had one that she had made up when she made them up for all of the teachers that were under her. She, of course, was referring to last year when she was in the RS presidency and over the teachers. Every year, for at least the past 10 years, Mom (and Dad used to help her) would take the manuals and change the binding on them to be a spiral comb binding so that you can open the book when you are studying and lay it flat. She would always do mine and send it to me. A couple of years, I think she did them for everyone in the stake - can you imagine the work that went into the project?!? I gently reminded her that it was a new year, and therefore a new manual. She and I laughed. She went on to say that she doesn't know why she needs one because she doesn't go. She said something about how she doesn't feel not right about not going for all 3 Sunday meetings. I tried to tell her that she was full of nonsense and that she didn't need to wear herself out going everywhere for everything and that going to one hour was just fine.
She hasn't felt much like reading either and I know that this has bothered her.
She has another visit with her hospice nurse on Friday and then is entertaining the idea of going to Price for a few days to visit Mark and his girls. I really hope she decides to go.
Mom had a nice quiet New Years.
Yesterday Celia came over for a visit and they went to the temple. Mom got a new hat from Celia that is her new favorite - it is all white so she can wear it in the temple and not be self conscious.
Gene and Jeannnie Juergens stopped by for a visit as well and Mom enjoyed that.
She heard from a dear old friend, Jane Winkel as well.
She has been so touched by everyone who wants to help her and be with her and care for her.
It was my birthday on Tuesday and Mom has been so out of sorts that she didn't realize it. This made me quite sad. Yesterday when I talked to her, she wished me a Happy Birthday. I think she thought that the 3rd was the 2nd. Either way, it is hard for her to keep her days straight.
Randy had an extended visit with Mom. When I talked to him on his way home, he mentioned that we need to continue to up her level of care. She is also more and more forgetting things. When it is something that isn't important, then obvious there is no reason to remind her or correct her.
We believe that the steroids are working for her and she does feel good - her headaches have gotten less and her queasiness has subsided quite a bit. This we are definitely grateful for.
Yesterday I talked to her a couple of times. She was quite chit-chatty with me. In the evening conversation, I asked her if she wanted me to bring out a new Relief Society manual to her. She said "no, I have one". I asked her where she got it. She said that she had one that she had made up when she made them up for all of the teachers that were under her. She, of course, was referring to last year when she was in the RS presidency and over the teachers. Every year, for at least the past 10 years, Mom (and Dad used to help her) would take the manuals and change the binding on them to be a spiral comb binding so that you can open the book when you are studying and lay it flat. She would always do mine and send it to me. A couple of years, I think she did them for everyone in the stake - can you imagine the work that went into the project?!? I gently reminded her that it was a new year, and therefore a new manual. She and I laughed. She went on to say that she doesn't know why she needs one because she doesn't go. She said something about how she doesn't feel not right about not going for all 3 Sunday meetings. I tried to tell her that she was full of nonsense and that she didn't need to wear herself out going everywhere for everything and that going to one hour was just fine.
She hasn't felt much like reading either and I know that this has bothered her.
She has another visit with her hospice nurse on Friday and then is entertaining the idea of going to Price for a few days to visit Mark and his girls. I really hope she decides to go.

1 Comments:
At 10:57 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Happy Birthday Karen. I forgot as well, if that makes you feel any better. But you see, at my age you tend to not want to remember your own birthday much less others. Or you could pass it off to the fact that time goes by so fast these days it seems like only yesterday when you had your last birthday. Of course I forgot that one as well so that doesn't really fly, does it?
Anyway, let us know when you want to go back to SLC so we can get tickets for you.
Uncle Mark and Aunt Kim
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home