Mom's Weekend and upcoming Week
Mom had a nice quiet weekend.
Yesterday she drove herself to church. I'm sure you are thinking "oh, that's good". It scares me actually. I am grateful that she feels like driving and granted, her ward building is only two blocks away but....
I offered to call either Laura or Pauline to take her, but she wanted to drive herself.
I talked with her later in the evening and she was just fine. She really enjoyed her sacrament meeting. She had made herself a baked potato for dinner and was eating it when I called. She sounded in good spirits.
She is leaving today to go and spend a few days in Price with Mark and the girls. Amy is driving to pick her up and bring her down. I know that she will enjoy herself and the company of those sweet little girls.
Yesterday she drove herself to church. I'm sure you are thinking "oh, that's good". It scares me actually. I am grateful that she feels like driving and granted, her ward building is only two blocks away but....
I offered to call either Laura or Pauline to take her, but she wanted to drive herself.
I talked with her later in the evening and she was just fine. She really enjoyed her sacrament meeting. She had made herself a baked potato for dinner and was eating it when I called. She sounded in good spirits.
She is leaving today to go and spend a few days in Price with Mark and the girls. Amy is driving to pick her up and bring her down. I know that she will enjoy herself and the company of those sweet little girls.

2 Comments:
At 5:55 PM ,
Fantome said...
I think it is great that Ruth Ann wants to drive. Remember when my mom was still driving? She lived at Eagle Gate then and would take the old Buick (why is it that old people are always in a Buick?) out of the parking garage (not an easy thing to do if you ever tried it) and then figured out how to get to a store by only having to make right-hand turns.
"I don't want to go left. The on-coming traffic never stops and I can't be bothered."
She would turn right, go up the street and then turn right again, then right into Bill'sMarket. Then right, and right down through the Avenue's and right on South Temple back to Eagle Gate where she turned right into the parking garage. Not bad.
So if this helps you, Ruth Ann, let me know. We've all made a few bad turns now and then so if you have to go left, wait til the traffic is clear!
Kim and Mark J.
At 4:25 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I loved the story from Mark about Grandma J...Even though they were not my Grandparents, I love/loved them so much. When my Dad died, Grandpa J became my "Assumed" Grandpa. And, of course, this story sounds just like Grandma J!
Love to all,
Jeannie Juergens
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home