Mom at church
It is sad for me to be at church with Mom. She doesn't sing the songs anymore.
After the opening hymn this afternoon, they had their opening prayer. And again mentioned Mom in the prayer. After the prayer, she turned to me and said "where do you think they will send Will on his mission?" She had been reading the back of the bulletin that listed the missionaries from the ward and where they were. Her voice was quite shakey and I think she was trying to not pay attention to the fact that her name had just been said at the pulpit for the whole congregation to hear - they have been praying her every week for months. She then said "I hope that they send him state-side, that family needs a break. Chu (I don't know how to spell it or say it but wherever Nathan is) doesn't sound like a pleasant place to be." Too funny.
She has such a great ward right now. Very caring. She had two phone calls - one last night and one this morning, asking if she wanted a ride to church.
I met Barbara Smith (one of the former RS general presidents of the church). I couldn't resist - I asked her if she would sign a few of the books that she wrote that we have. I'll have to remember to bring them to church the next time I'm in town. She said that she would love to - how cool!
After the opening hymn this afternoon, they had their opening prayer. And again mentioned Mom in the prayer. After the prayer, she turned to me and said "where do you think they will send Will on his mission?" She had been reading the back of the bulletin that listed the missionaries from the ward and where they were. Her voice was quite shakey and I think she was trying to not pay attention to the fact that her name had just been said at the pulpit for the whole congregation to hear - they have been praying her every week for months. She then said "I hope that they send him state-side, that family needs a break. Chu (I don't know how to spell it or say it but wherever Nathan is) doesn't sound like a pleasant place to be." Too funny.
She has such a great ward right now. Very caring. She had two phone calls - one last night and one this morning, asking if she wanted a ride to church.
I met Barbara Smith (one of the former RS general presidents of the church). I couldn't resist - I asked her if she would sign a few of the books that she wrote that we have. I'll have to remember to bring them to church the next time I'm in town. She said that she would love to - how cool!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home