My Mom - Ruth Ann Jespersen

Sunday, December 17, 2006

the Weekend

Mom had a nice weekend.
In the late morning on Friday, Mom's friends from Provo came up for a visit and brought flowers. We went through a couple of more boxes from her infamous storage shed. In the evening, she wanted to do a bit of shopping - one store, one Christmas present. We went to Hires for dinner. I'm not sure why we waited until Friday at 6pm with almost only a week until Christmas, but.... we survived just fine. When we got home, she was exhausted. She ate her dinner and basically went to bed.
Saturday, we went through some more boxes. She wanted to venture out again, so we did one more store and one more Christmas present. Within 5 minutes of being there, she made a comment about how tired she was. She sat down and waited while I paid and ran another errand for her in the mall and then we left. Paul, Soren, and Mark came over for a nice short visit in the afternoon.
Mom had debated all day back and forth about going to the Tabernacle Choir concert. She took a nap at 5 pm and so that made the decision easy - she was asleep when we would have to make the decision to go. Therefore, we didn't go. She got up for an hour or so and then went to bed for the rest of the night. She has been sleeping well.
Her hip does continue to bother her, even though she has had radiation treatment.

Mom got up early this mornign and took a shower. She wanted to go to the Christmas Tabernacle Choir Concert and so we went. We had curbside service both ways - Jim dropped us off and Laura picked us up. We happened to go through the door that Nancy was working at. So she "checked" my purse. Mom enjoyed the concert - the whole thing was beautiful. She was sensitive to the level of noise and thought that the people around us and the actual volume of the performance was too loud. I believe that this is from the cancer - she is just more sensitive to levels of noise. I was grateful to have the same curbside service that Gary had given Mom and Celia when they went to the concert together a few weeks ago. It makes a huge difference for Mom to not have to worry about walking far distances.
We came home for a little bit. Mom wanted to also go to her sacrament meeting. Nancy and Charles came over for another brief visit - they had the opportunity to visit Friday and Saturday night as well. They have been volunteering at the conference center for the Christmas concerts. After they left, Mom rested for a little bit more and then we left for her sacrament meeting. Her apartment manager who is in her ward happened to be giving the opening prayer. He asked for a special blessing on Mom in his prayer. Her ward has been so gracious and loving towards her. After the sacrament, the Bishop wanted to see Mom for a visit - an update. I know that Mom really enjoys her ward and has been grateful for her bishop and all of those that she has had contact with from her ward.
We spent several hours just vegging in front of the television - we watched the second Work and the Glory movie, a cheesy Hallmark movie, and a movie about Spencer W Kimball that Nancy had loaned to Mom.
Mom went to bed at 7pm.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Please send me your E-mail address. I just found a nice picture of Ruth Ann from 1988 that I would like to send to you. I don't think I can send it via this blog. My address: jeddoi@msn.com

     
  • At 12:59 AM , Blogger celia said...

    I cannot figure this blogger thing out - I have to sign-up every time I want to send you a message - I think I should just use the e-mail !!! I am sooo glad that you were able to go to the Spoken Word and Mini Concert this morning (actually I guess it is now yesterday morning !!!) Darcie and Julia were there also and they stopped in on their way back to Logan - Darcie said it was wonderful - they were particularly pleased that Pres. Hinckley was there. If you do not already know, last year's concert with Renee Fleming will be on PBSthis Wednesday night and again on the 24th. Karen can check the website for times. However, you have the DVD so you can watch it whenever you like !!!

    My prayer is that you will start getting some relief from the hip radiation. I am glad you have been able to get out and be a part of the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Where is Hires ? See you for sure on Wednesday and perhaps Gary and I will see you on Tuesday afternoon.

    Just an organ note - I played Far, Far Away on Judea's Plains without any glitches !!!!! I'm improving each Sunday. Got lots of comments about my postlude - I played I Heard The Bells on Christmas Day and I used the chimes stop the second repeat. It was fun.

    See you soon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home