My Mom - Ruth Ann Jespersen

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thursday

Mom's building is going to be without power for a few hours today. Today and the next few days are Nancy's days to take care of Mom and check in on her. Nancy is going to pick up Mom and take her to Pauline's for the morning.
I spoke to Mom briefly yesterday morning. I have been trying to not call too much because she gets so tired talking on the phone and a bit confused as well.
Brent and Jill are leaving today for a vacation and will be back late next week.
Stacy has been busy helping Mom finish up some of her Christmas presents.
Mark and Amy have been busy helping Mom get her finances in order. Mom doesn't have to worry about paying the bills anymore, as Mark is going to take care of this for her.
Paul has another doctor appointment set up, with radiology, tomorrow and will take her.
Mom went to her lung oncologist on Tuesday. He switched her medicine up and took an x-ray of her lower back/waist area. Mom has so much pain in that area. If there are lesions there, then they might be able to do radiation treatments to help - like they did with the lesions in her brain. I believe this is why there is an appointment with the radiologist on Friday.
Mom also has tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Bell Choir Concert on Friday night. Mom's cousin, Tom (Tommy) is the conductor and graciously sent Mom tickets. I believe that Mom will go with Lyman - who is coming up for the weekend - and maybe Nancy, Stacy, or Celia.
Mom got to go to the Christmas Devotional from the First Presidency on Sunday with Celia. Gary gave them his spectacular curbside service. Mom enjoyed it very much.

When I was with Mom last week, I went through all of the ornaments and brought some home with me. I have great memories of Christmas as a child. Mom was always making something and she took such great care of all of her precious things. Bret laughs because there is so much of Mom all over our house, and at Christmas there is even more! I'm not sure how many people read the comments but Lupe had made a comment about her Christmas baskets that she made one year. When I was going through Mom's Christmas boxes, I found a whole stash of them! Mom also has handmade ornaments, handmade nativity scenes - the list goes on and on.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Ruth Ann

    I've been reading, and I am crying, I can't help it.

    I know you'll know what I mean..

    Love you so much...

    I thank God for the eternities!

    Uncle Wayne

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    To our precious Everett family: This is tough to read these comments, but I just must do it, every single day. We are praying so fervently that the Lord will be tender and merciful to our Ruth Ann. If anyone deserves peace and the comfort of the Lord's love, she does.
    Just want you to know we are ever thinking of you and pray for you. We are grateful for every single one of you who are so loving and supportive of your dear mom, friend and grandmother. You are one special bunch. Thanks for letting us all in on each event that takes place. How I hope the back pains can be eliminated.

    We love you all - may see some of you tomorrow night. Even Verle is going to go - he says. He had an appointment with a doctor in Roy today and couldn't make it out the door.

    Take care of each other. That is what families are for. You are all making masterpieces of your lives.

    Love, Aunt Joan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home