My Mom - Ruth Ann Jespersen

Monday, December 11, 2006

Mom's Weekend

Mom had a nice weekend with Lyman and Nancy. Lyman helped Mom with the storage unit. They were at the Sonic when Mom's car had battery problems again. Lyman took care of it and installed a new battery into the car for her. I am so thankful that he was there to help her and handle it.
Mom was quite busy with phone calls and visits on Sunday. She got released from her mission from her stake president in Provo in the afternoon. This was expected but not quite expected. She knew that it was coming but wasn't sure when. The Stake President called and asked if they could come up in an hour and a half to release her. Mom said that she did have a nice visit with them. I do believe that this was hard for her though.
She didn't make it to church. Celia called and told her that the Bell Choir Concert was amazing. Tom - I know that she is so proud of you.
Today, Stacy came and helped Mom go through some boxes from the storage shed. They had a nice visit.
Nancy came up, just in perfect time for lunch, complete with her favorites (a rice bowl with chicken and a jamba juice). She ate both! Her appetite is definately back, since the doctors have put her back on the steroid medication.
Nancy was so helpful today to Mom with laundry and hemming and who knows what else.
Tomorrow, Paul will come and take Mom to her radiation appointment for her hip.
Wednesday, Stacy is trying to get the My Story woman to come and work with Mom again.
I received a phone call from Mom's friend Beatty (I know she spells it different but I'm not sure how). Beatty has been following the blog. Mom was so pleased when I told her and grateful that her friends and family have been able to keep up with how and what she is doing/feeling without having to call her. Beatty also told me that Mom's name is still on the Orlando temple prayer roll. Thank you.
Mom's name also was put on the Monticello temple by little Esther. She was tickled that her cousin who isn't even a member would do that for her. Thank you!

I know that I said it yesterday, but I will say it again today. After lots of time on the phone today coordinating and talking and catching up with family about Mom, I am grateful to be going back. I am grateful for Uncle Mark for helping me get my ticket. And I am grateful for all of the help from my aunts and uncles and it goes without saying but my brothers and their spouses.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How grateful I am for that blog! Wwe love that dear so much, that we hang on every word every day. Thanks to Nancy, Lyman, Karen, Alice and the great family Ruth Ann has. We appreciate it sooo much.
    I took the chance to go to the Logan temple last week. It was wonderful. I'll just bet Ruth Ann's name is on every temple in the state and a lot of others, as well.

    My love and prayers always, Aunt Joan

     
  • At 11:45 PM , Blogger celia said...

    I know that Tom's family reads the blog so I am using it tonight to express my appreciation for the Bell Choir concert last Friday. It was stupendous. I am so very grateful that Ruth Ann has shared some of Tom's e-mails with me on the Bell Choir. And what a change in their performance since that first concert in the Conference center theater that Ruth Ann and Harriet (amutal friend of ours) and I attended. Such improvement in such a relatively short time. Thank you, Tom, for sharing your talents, time and energy on behalf of others. I love those Bells !!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home