My Mom - Ruth Ann Jespersen

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Mom's Night out on the town

Mom enjoyed herself at Pauline's but was ready to come home after her last bite of carrot cake. Thank you Pauline and family for being so gracious with her. Kelly, Laura's daughter, went out of her way to give Mom hugs both when we got there and when we were leaving - Mom was really touched by that.
Mom and I watched some tv for a bit when we got home and she complained of her stomach cramping. She got ready for the bed. She decided to wear one of Louise's nightgowns - so snuggly and warm! Right when she was getting ready for bed and when she was in bed, she was having pain in both of her hips, which was new for her. She seemed to be in some pain when I left. I did a little bit of massage on the one hip/leg and then she put her heating pad on the other side. I'm hoping she sleeps well today.
She has a couple of friends from Provo coming up tomorrow for a visit. And Nancy might stop by in the evening.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:18 AM , Blogger Edith said...

    I'm glad you could be with your mom again, Karen. I hope your family does allright without you. I was sorry to hear that she had stomach problems again after feeling better for awhile. I surely hope the radiation helps her hip pain. I went to the Alaska temple yesterday and put her name in for the second time. Edith

     
  • At 9:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know that the pain cannot be from too much of that carrot cake. I once had the recipe (I think mom, Lilly, gave it too me - the one about making sure to save the canned pineapple juice to put it into the mix as a "secret ingredient for a super moist cake")and would love to have it again. Kim and I will be in Salt Lake sometime this month for a few hours to visit Ruth Ann and the family. A couple of hours with Ruth Ann and then a quick hello to anyone else who we bump into along our route to and from the airport!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home