Mom is still quite tired
I had a short visit with Mom today. When I first called her, she had her hospice nurse visiting her, so she called me back a bit later. Mom is still really tired - I don't think that this is going to go away. I do wish that she would go on oxygen. I believe that this will help her breathing and her energy level. Mom said that the nurse would do it if Mom pushed, but that she would rather wait until she needs it. I'm not in the medical field and therefore, I don't understand.
I remember so clearly when Dad went in oxygen. He had a horrible flight out to Salt Lake for Grandpa J's birthday celebration - due to not being able to breathe well on the flight or in the high altitude of Salt Lake. We were able to get him some oxygen for the weekend. The next week when he got home, one of the first things he did was have oxygen brought into their home on the farm. I remember him saying that he couldn't believe what a difference it made and he wondered why he had waited so long to do it. If it would help Mom in the tiniest bit, I would like to see it happen.
Mom's hospice nurse did recognize Mom's cough/cold. This had started just a few days before I had left, just a week ago. The nurse wanted to get her on some cough syrup or medicine and was going to have it delivered to the apartment.
Mom had a nice visit with Randy and Lyman yesterday. When I had talked to her today, Lyman had left and she hadn't heard from Randy.
Thanks to the continued graciousness of my uncles, I have booked another flight out to visit Mom. I will leave in 3 weeks and be out for just under a week.
I forgot to mention that earlier in the week Mom had had a nice visit with the Horton's. Bob and Harriet took Mom out to lunch and then the "girls" went to go and see the new Work and the Glory movie. That was a nice treat for Mom.
Lydia was in town and was able to stop by last Sunday with her Mom and one of her other sisters. I happened to talk to Lydia a few days later and she said that she thought it would be interesting to have a counter on the blog -to see how many people are keeping up on Mom. I am impressed with myself that I was able to figure out the blog - but can't figure out how to get a counter on it. (Maybe one of my smart brothers or even one of my nieces could help me). Regardless, I did find this other thing that tracks the visits and where they come from. I have been tracking it for just the past few days and it is really interesting.
I remember so clearly when Dad went in oxygen. He had a horrible flight out to Salt Lake for Grandpa J's birthday celebration - due to not being able to breathe well on the flight or in the high altitude of Salt Lake. We were able to get him some oxygen for the weekend. The next week when he got home, one of the first things he did was have oxygen brought into their home on the farm. I remember him saying that he couldn't believe what a difference it made and he wondered why he had waited so long to do it. If it would help Mom in the tiniest bit, I would like to see it happen.
Mom's hospice nurse did recognize Mom's cough/cold. This had started just a few days before I had left, just a week ago. The nurse wanted to get her on some cough syrup or medicine and was going to have it delivered to the apartment.
Mom had a nice visit with Randy and Lyman yesterday. When I had talked to her today, Lyman had left and she hadn't heard from Randy.
Thanks to the continued graciousness of my uncles, I have booked another flight out to visit Mom. I will leave in 3 weeks and be out for just under a week.
I forgot to mention that earlier in the week Mom had had a nice visit with the Horton's. Bob and Harriet took Mom out to lunch and then the "girls" went to go and see the new Work and the Glory movie. That was a nice treat for Mom.
Lydia was in town and was able to stop by last Sunday with her Mom and one of her other sisters. I happened to talk to Lydia a few days later and she said that she thought it would be interesting to have a counter on the blog -to see how many people are keeping up on Mom. I am impressed with myself that I was able to figure out the blog - but can't figure out how to get a counter on it. (Maybe one of my smart brothers or even one of my nieces could help me). Regardless, I did find this other thing that tracks the visits and where they come from. I have been tracking it for just the past few days and it is really interesting.

1 Comments:
At 10:47 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Ruth Ann, I am sure you are worn from, but happy for, the many visits during the holidays. It was so good to hear your voice last Friday. You sounded really good for all that you have gone through and are now enduring. I do hope that you feel like a visit while I am here in Utah, but the main thing needs to be that you get ALL the rest you need in order for your body to handle the things you are having to endure.
Please know that we love you so very much and think of you many times each day. Of course, you are in my prayers each day as well. The children all said to tell you "Hi" and they too would love to see you, but with all the children, it is a little scary to think of the germs that might be brought in to you.
Just a little note, I was helping Sheila take her tree down the other day, and there was the Christmas ornament you had made her for a wedding gift. Remember the shower you gave her at your house!! That ornament is still beautiful and she uses it on her tree each year.
Well, bye for now and don't forget we love you,
Jeannie Juergens (and Gene, too)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home