My Mom - Ruth Ann Jespersen

Monday, December 18, 2006

Mom back in the day


This picture was sent to me by Jan Doi. When I showed it to Mom, she said Gosh, I was skinny!

She also said that she still had the ruler that is in the picture. Actually, the other day she told me she has a whole box of rulers. I asked her how many scissors she thought she had - and she said 50!
I would like to know is there anyone else that can say that they have 50 pairs of scissors.... and a different purpose for each one. I also have a thing for scissors and my kids can't tell you how many times they get asked why this or that pair of scissors aren't where they are supposed to be. I can still hear Mom telling me not to use that pair of scissors on paper because they were her sewing scisscors!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, what a great picture of Ruth Anne. What a cutie. But 50 pair of scissors, or is that pairs? Time to donate them to some craft school for the blind or other useful place. You'll think of something.

     
  • At 9:08 PM , Blogger Sally Maddocks said...

    I remember the "pair of sewing scissors". true they could only be used for fabric. Is that a Guiness record to have 50 pair?!! What does one do with so many?!!! Is there a scissor museum for people who have such an addiction?!!
    If you hear of someone hijacking a UPS truck and beating up the driver it will be me. I am beginning to think I should never shop on-line.
    I think the picture is great that Jan sent you. We were all skinny then!!!
    Love Sally

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home