Busy Friday
Mom had a busy day on Friday.
It started with a trip to see Dr. Gaffney, Mom's radiology oncologist. Dr. Gaffney is at St Mark's hospital on Fridays and in order to get Mom in as soon as possible - they went to St. Mark's. Dr. Gaffney recommended Mom to get radiation treatments to her hip. He believes that it might just be one treatment. This will hopefully help the pain that she has had. Then, Mom and Paul went to Huntsman and she got set up for her radiation treatment. Her treatment is scheduled for next Tuesday.
Nancy came up to be with Mom for the rest of the day. Lyman also was driving up to spend the weekend with Mom.
Lupe came by unexpectedly. Mom loved the visit. Nancy told her that she could stay for only 5 minutes but then she stayed for an hour! Mom was so happy to see her and visit.
Mary and Jennifer (I think) also came over after work.
Mom got roses from one of my dear friends also. She loved coming home from such a crazy day in finding this sweet surprise.
I'm gearing up to leave again - I never really unpacked. I get in Wednesday afternoon. Mom has Nancy helping her today and tomorrow. We also have an appointment set up with Hospice to come in and see how they can help for Thursday.
It started with a trip to see Dr. Gaffney, Mom's radiology oncologist. Dr. Gaffney is at St Mark's hospital on Fridays and in order to get Mom in as soon as possible - they went to St. Mark's. Dr. Gaffney recommended Mom to get radiation treatments to her hip. He believes that it might just be one treatment. This will hopefully help the pain that she has had. Then, Mom and Paul went to Huntsman and she got set up for her radiation treatment. Her treatment is scheduled for next Tuesday.
Nancy came up to be with Mom for the rest of the day. Lyman also was driving up to spend the weekend with Mom.
Lupe came by unexpectedly. Mom loved the visit. Nancy told her that she could stay for only 5 minutes but then she stayed for an hour! Mom was so happy to see her and visit.
Mary and Jennifer (I think) also came over after work.
Mom got roses from one of my dear friends also. She loved coming home from such a crazy day in finding this sweet surprise.
I'm gearing up to leave again - I never really unpacked. I get in Wednesday afternoon. Mom has Nancy helping her today and tomorrow. We also have an appointment set up with Hospice to come in and see how they can help for Thursday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home