My Mom - Ruth Ann Jespersen

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Mom's BYU Hawaii Scrapbook

Alice, Nancy and I made a quick trip to the storage shed. We were looking for one box in particular of family genealogy that Mom wanted to go through. We found a box that had a scrapbook from Mom's days at BYU Hawaii - then known as Church College. Mom went one semester before she went on her mission. I found a list of "to do" things in her srapbook. I can't remember what number one was but numbers two, three and four are what I found funny.
2. Lose Weight
3. Get a Tan
4. Learn to Swim

Let me mention that Mom was a hundred pounds when she went to Hawaii. As far as learning to swim: here is the story. Mom taught swimming to children in Midland in the summer while in high school. She also taught a class in the evenings to adult women who had never been swimming before. When she went to Hawaii, she wanted to learn how to do synchronized swimming. There was a class and so she took it. She said that it didn't work out because she couldn't hold her breath long enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home