A long hard day
Today was hard, at least for me.
Mark and Amy and their cute girls came up. We met with Brent for lunch. Mom stayed home and rested. Brent brought Mom back some Noodles and some Jamba Juice - she didn't touch the pasta but did end up drinking all of the smoothie.
Jim came over to see Mom, as he hasn't seen her in several weeks. He didn't get to see much of her as she was too tired.
We also had one of Pauline's lawyer friends come over and notorize Mom's living will, etc. It feels good to have this accomplished but was very emotional for me. Mom's Relief Soceity President and one of her counselors came over to be the witnesses.
I brought in some of Mom's Christmas rubbermaids to go through with her tomorrow. I think I have talked Mom into letting me take back to the storage unit some of the boxes that we have gone through, so that there isn't so much clutter in the apartment.
Tomorrow I feel like I have a lot to get done because I will be leaving for 10 days before returning back for another visit.
Paul is going to come over for a visit tomorrow. Also, one of Mom and Dad's old friends from their mission is going to come over, Dick Bates.
Mark and Amy and their cute girls came up. We met with Brent for lunch. Mom stayed home and rested. Brent brought Mom back some Noodles and some Jamba Juice - she didn't touch the pasta but did end up drinking all of the smoothie.
Jim came over to see Mom, as he hasn't seen her in several weeks. He didn't get to see much of her as she was too tired.
We also had one of Pauline's lawyer friends come over and notorize Mom's living will, etc. It feels good to have this accomplished but was very emotional for me. Mom's Relief Soceity President and one of her counselors came over to be the witnesses.
I brought in some of Mom's Christmas rubbermaids to go through with her tomorrow. I think I have talked Mom into letting me take back to the storage unit some of the boxes that we have gone through, so that there isn't so much clutter in the apartment.
Tomorrow I feel like I have a lot to get done because I will be leaving for 10 days before returning back for another visit.
Paul is going to come over for a visit tomorrow. Also, one of Mom and Dad's old friends from their mission is going to come over, Dick Bates.

2 Comments:
At 11:33 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I appreciate the blog so much. Karen, I wanted to let you personally know how I admire you. I love your mother so much. I wish I could do something for her. Please let me know if there is anything I can do from here. We had planned to go to Arizona before now, but Don hurt his back and we don’t know when he will be able to travel.
I loved the pictures of Ruth Ann and her siblings. You are all so special to me.
Talk about memories. Aunt Esther and Ruth Ann stayed with us for awhile when Uncle Mark was in the army during World War II. Aunt Esther always had such fun ideas for things to do. She made clothes for us and our dolls. Uncle Mark sent a silk parachute back and she made blouses for Louise, Esther and I. Ruth Ann was about 2 and we thought she was the cutest thing. Mom had a big orange enamel bowl. Ruth Ann turned it upside down and stood on it to perform. She entertained us with songs and rhymes. Yes, even at age 2, she could sing.
Every summer the family came to Colorado. Usually they brought Louise along and they stayed a few nights at our house. It was so much fun to have them. Louise, Esther, Ruth Ann and I had a slumber party every time, until Uncle Mark would get onto us for staying up too late and making Louise wheeze with our giggling.
When I was 18, I lived with them for awhile, first in Albuquerque and then I moved to Midland with them. They were all so good to me and Ruth Ann and I did a lot of fun things together. Yes, she could swim quite well then and we went to the pool in Midland often. I also remember her riding her unicycle and square dancing with the unicycle club. There was no club in Midland but she still rode and taught me to ride it.
Midland was just a small branch of the church and they didn’t have seminary, so she and I had our own. I learned so much of the gospel from her.
She is so talented. Don wanted her to sing at our wedding and I chose a difficult song, but she did it. She made a doll for Anna that looked like her and I know she made them for Karen and all the little girls. She always knew what to send the kids on missions. She always typed the EVERETT JOURNAL. She does such a good job of everything.
We visited her and Earl in Illinois when we were traveling in the motorhome. She drove us to downtown Chicago through all the traffic to see the museums and other sites. She and I went to the Chicago Temple. She dearly loved that temple and the other workers there loved her.
Your cousin, Edith
At 12:03 PM ,
celia said...
Karen a great big Thank you for this blog and all you are doing for your Mom. I'll keep in touch with Nancy and come in several times next week to see your Mom - see you when you get back. The care-giver must also take care of herself !!!! Love you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home