My Mom - Ruth Ann Jespersen

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It is a New Day

Mom didn't have a great day yesterday but she did enjoy herself a bit. Celia came over and went through some of their old recipes together. I often heard them laughing from the next room which was nice to hear. Stacy also came over and helped me with another project that I have been working on.
Mom and Celia are such dear friends. They were telling me stories about how they have the same fabric and the same projects. One of Mom's favorite stories to tell me is that one day she was meeting Celia somewhere with me to go shopping or something and I was wearing the same dress as Celia's daughter - Dore (who is my same age)! Such good friends with the same taste in so many things. It has been so nice to have Celia and Mom live close to each other again and be able to see each other.
Mom spent most of the day in bed. Celia just pulled up a chair to go through things with her, so that she could stay in bed. I left for a bit in the afternoon to run errands for Mom. When I came back she had moved from lying horizontally in bed to lying on her new sleeper sofa with the television on, sleeping. It is nice that she has another option now.
Today is the day that the woman from "my story" is coming to record Mom. Paul dropped by with some cool old pictures and Mom's personal history that she had typed.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so sorry to hear that you are sick at your stomach and still having pain too.

    I can't thank Karen enough for the blog. I loved the pictures of you and the others in St. George. Also the song about Colorado. I think your mother was the originator of that and it made me think of her. You are so like her and that is a compliment. I love you. Edith

     
  • At 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I thank you, as well, for the update each day. How I wish I knew what to do and how to do it to give Ruth Ann a spurt of joy.

    It was wonderful to know that she was able to laugh. There is great consolation knowing she has so many friends and family members who are petitioning the Lord every day for her welfare.

    Love and prayers, Aunt Joan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home