My Mom - Ruth Ann Jespersen

Sunday, November 26, 2006

How is Mom really doing?

While I think that this question can only be really answered by Mom, I do think now that I am back in Salt Lake, I can answer it better than I could when I was what seemed like millions of miles away.
I think that she continues to not feel well. She threw up every day this past week and was sick to her stomach often. She doesn't walk well on her own any amount of distance. Mom's mouth has began to droop more and so her speech has gotten worse. Mom's eyes have started to bother her more and more. Her hair actually looks kind of cute to me - she always has it covered up though and her scalp is still very tender. She also has a couple of sores on her head.
I think that she likes her home base. After traveling to St. George, I think it became apparent to most of us that she won't be doing much more traveling. She is quite content in her apartment with her own things, especially her own bed and her own bathroom.
I am happy to be here again, even if it is just for a week.
I am grateful for Alice, who came this past week to visit and help. I am grateful for Pauline who quietly has been helping all along with so many little things. I am grateful that Judy and Don got to come for a visit. I am grateful that both Amy and Stacy got to come and visit this past week - it meant so much to Mom. I am grateful for my brothers who continue to help Mom with whatever she needs.

Mom was excited to go to the Christopherson Travel holiday party this Friday as Laura's guest. She told me tonight that perhaps I could go in her place. She just really doesn't feel like going anywhere for anything.
She does want to try and make it tomorrow for sacrament. She told me that last week she meant to go just for sacrament but went at the wrong time and got there for Sunday School, so she ended up staying for two hours, instead of the one.

I haven't seen Mom since Louise came to visit. I can see touches from Louise everywhere I look in the apartment - from the silk pillowcases to the beautiful ribbon piece in the bedroom. She definately knows how to spoil and love someone. Thank you Louise for treating Mom to the best.

Mom is going to bed earlier and earlier. Most nights this past week, she was in bed between 6:30 and 7pm. She is taking less and less phone calls. Please understand if you call and it goes to voicemail - leave a message but realize that she might not call you back soon and it might be someone else who returns the call. She does appreciate the call though - so don't let that deter you from calling.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    To our beautiful Ruth Ann. I have been searching every morning for your present history. The iintensity of our prayers is ever increasing.

    I didn't know I could write to you this way, and I still may have it all wrong.

    We thank our Heavenly Father often for the precious brothers, sisters and Children that He has blessed you with. We are also grateful for the Priesthood blessing you received promising you "Peace".

    The older I get, and the more I have on the other side of the veil, and the closer we are to it ourselves, the more I love and appreciate the beautiful plan the Lord gave us. We are so richly blessed!

    I will tell you again, since you may not have had my email letters. This whole tribe of Waldrons have loved you from day one. What a special, powerful spirit you radiate! You are so much like your mother. Ii appreciate the influence you have had on all of us, especially the older children.

    It is difficult to think of you slowing down, as you have always had your fingers in so many Heavenly pies.

    Verle and I wonder who is going to make it first. He has gone not one place this summer.to family blessings, weddings, and even his cousin's funeral. He is just exhausted to the max. He has to get up steam enough to go to the doctors.

    Two weeks ago his opthamolgist (sp) discovered a tear in the retina of his left eye. Tommy, Connie and a member our our Bishopric took him to Salt Lake. The kids and I hoped we could get over to see you, as they said you were so close. I couldn't make myself leave while Verle was operated on or while he was in recovery. I was terribly disappointed, but have learned to live with the limits.

    I hope you know how much we love you and how fervently we are praying for the Lord's blessings for our dear Ruth Ann.

    Aunt Joan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home