Radiation Treatment
Mom had a hard day today. It started with waking up with a huge headache at 5am. She had a little throwing up/gagging thing just after I got here. She pulled herself together and we had a short visit with Nancy. Nancy is going to come over every week and help mom with the little errands and dishes and such. We then left for the Huntsman Cancer Insitute. We had blood work done first - we were so excited to leave the institute yesterday, we forgot that the doctor had requested the blood work.
After the blood work, we went to the radiology department. When they took her back to the machine, I got to go too. She got settled and I waited in the waiting area for about ten minutes and then she was done. We had lunch at the restaurant up on top of the Huntsman Center - it was snowing and quite pretty.
Mom was completely wiped out and ready to come home by that point.
She rested most of the afternoon - her head never really feeling better and her stomach being quezy most of the day.
Tomorrow, we have a treatment at 8:15am and then maybe lunch with Brent.
After the blood work, we went to the radiology department. When they took her back to the machine, I got to go too. She got settled and I waited in the waiting area for about ten minutes and then she was done. We had lunch at the restaurant up on top of the Huntsman Center - it was snowing and quite pretty.
Mom was completely wiped out and ready to come home by that point.
She rested most of the afternoon - her head never really feeling better and her stomach being quezy most of the day.
Tomorrow, we have a treatment at 8:15am and then maybe lunch with Brent.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home