My Mom - Ruth Ann Jespersen

Friday, October 27, 2006

Last Treatment for the Week

Today was the last radiation treatment for the week. She was hungry afterwords - she wanted to go to the restaurant at Huntsman. She had two huge blueberry pancakes and ate more than half.
She did ok after the treatment and we went to the storage shed for about an hour. She was getting woozy - a bit dizzy. She has now sleeping at home.
She slept fairly well last night.
She wants to go to Price this weekend, so we will leave for the short drive after her hair cut.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Ruth Ann, I'm thinking about you with the haircut tomorrow. It really is amazing the things you find out about your head when it isn't covered up with hair.
    1. There are assorted dents and bumps you didn't know were there.
    2. Stocking caps are a must in the winter because your head really gets cold without your hair.
    3. Your head still smells like hair even when all the hair is gone.
    4. It's fun to drape scarves, try hats, or paint funny things on your head. (I put a green paper on the top of my head, because I felt like such a pumpkin without hair.) It really is important to laugh through this part, and to laugh at yourself. We aren't our hair, remember.
    5. On a scale of 1-10 on the important moments of our lives, hair, growing it, or losing it; isn't even in the running.
    6. Hair, or lack of it doesn't keep us from loving or from being loved.
    7. With that said, please know that I love you, and am with you in spirit every day, through every experience.
    Love, Cathie

     
  • At 1:11 AM , Blogger Edith said...

    I've been trying to figure out how to leave a comment. I've left several but they didn't post so I must have done it wrong. I'll see if this works now. Edith

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home