Grandma's Trip to Price
Mom started the day ok. She putzed around her apartment and then got ready to go to her appointment at the salon. She got her feet done and a wax. She was going to get her hair cut short, short but she decided to get it cut exactly like her new wig. She tried on many different wigs and we found one that we all like. The salon has a special room just for their wig clients - and they have a lot of wigs to choose from. They found the very same shade of hair that she currently has and they will order her wig on Monday. Assuming that everything goes normal, she should be able to go and have it "fitted" for her by the weekend. When the wig comes in, she will go back to the salon and it will be touched up to be exactly what she wants. She also bought a turban thing and ordered one. There were many tears at the salon....
Then we went and packed the car and picked up Princess Berlin from her dad. We had decided last minute that it would be fun to have Berlin come with us to Price. We made the trek with a small pit stop at the candy shop to pick up melting chocolate to make homemade peanut butter cups.
When we got to Mark and Amy's, Mom rested, Amy cooked a fabulous dinner (complete with vegetables!), and the girls and I went to meet Mark at the store and then went to their new park. WOW! Incredible. We had a nice dinner and were entertained by the little girls. Berlin is so cute with them. Amy wishes that she lived closer so that she could babysit.
Now, the little girls and Grandma are in bed. Berlin, Amy and I are getting ready to make the peanut butter cups and Mark is chilling on the couch.
It was a nice and eventful day.
Then we went and packed the car and picked up Princess Berlin from her dad. We had decided last minute that it would be fun to have Berlin come with us to Price. We made the trek with a small pit stop at the candy shop to pick up melting chocolate to make homemade peanut butter cups.
When we got to Mark and Amy's, Mom rested, Amy cooked a fabulous dinner (complete with vegetables!), and the girls and I went to meet Mark at the store and then went to their new park. WOW! Incredible. We had a nice dinner and were entertained by the little girls. Berlin is so cute with them. Amy wishes that she lived closer so that she could babysit.
Now, the little girls and Grandma are in bed. Berlin, Amy and I are getting ready to make the peanut butter cups and Mark is chilling on the couch.
It was a nice and eventful day.

2 Comments:
At 10:15 PM ,
Edith said...
I am so glad Karen can be there with you. What a wonderful daughter she must be. Hope your trip to Price continues to go well and you feel good tomorrow. I know you enjoy the little girls. Just want you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers and we love you. Edith and Don
At 11:06 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hello Ruth Ann. Jan Doi here. We have your name in the St. Louis Temple where Dick and I work. Actually, Dick is the head custodian for the temple here, and also an ordinance worker, as I am once a week. It is such a privilege to serve in The Lord's house, and I know you must have enjoyed your mission immensely. I think back on the times when our children were teenagers together having their teenage problems that seem so far away now. They have all turned out OK, despite having a "ditsy" Mum. But, I remember the anxious conversations we would have at the time when I was your visiting teacher. That was a wonderful calling to be your VT because I learned more things from you than I could ever give you in return. I got to go home again after 36 years this last August. It was a wonderful experience and my genealogy is flourishing from it. I saw old and new friends and saw how much Devon has changed and grown. One never forgets their roots and my love for England has always been strong.
You are daily in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Jan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home