My Mom - Ruth Ann Jespersen

Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Good Saturday

Mom rested some in the morning and had some phone calls from a few friends. One thing that has been hard for many of you (I think) is to find out about Mom's diagnosis on the blog and not through her.
While it is impersonal, I like what Uncle David said about it....I called Uncle David to let him know and he had already read the diagnosis on the blog. I told him that I thought that mom would be upset if she knew that people were finding out online and not from family and he said "well, you wrote it, didn't you?... wasn't that the point of the blog?" Yes, Uncle David, you are right. It was the point and I did write it, so it is coming from family.
After spending the morning with Lyman and just hanging out, both of them came and met us for the last 1/2 of Berlin's soccer game - it was the last one of her season. Then the 5 of us (Lyman, Mom, Berlin, Elizabeth, and myself) went to go see the movie Flicka. When Mom was a girl, she had the chance to ride a horse named Flicka and she had fun telling the girls that when you sat on Flicka, you almost had to do the splits because the horse was so fat! Mom was uncomfortable sitting during the movie but enjoyed it. Mom also ran into a friend from work, Pauline and Laura, and Roy and Anne at the theatre - she enjoyed being social and getting to see them.
We all went back to the apartment (after Lyman and Mom had the parking attendant drive them around on the golf cart because they couldn't find Lyman's truck!). The girls got some ribbons from Grandma's ribbon box and I made dinner for Lyman and Mom.
The girls and I went up to Park City for our sleepover and Lyman and Mom stayed in her apartment to hang out and rest from all of the excitement of the day.
Lyman is leaving today. It has been so nice for Mom to have him come and visit.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hi grandma i love you!!!!!! thanks for coming to my game i enjoyed u there and watching me play my last game of the season i wish you would have seen me scored a goel though i almost did!! i also liked seeing the movie flicka with you and i think its cool that you knew a horse named flicka too and thanks for the ribbon i love ribbon!!! i hope u have a good day. love you

    berlin

     
  • At 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Grandma, I'm at the hotel on Karen's computer right now. Berlin and I found your blog while she was in the shower.
    I had a fun time talking to you and Lyman yesterday. :)
    Thanks for the ribbons as well! I'm wearing one right now. It's the plain navy blue one.
    I hope you have a schhhpanTASTIC(!) day and that your headaches won't bother you.
    ANYWAY. We have to go to church in about five minutes, so yeah. I'll see you soon!

    ♥ Love you times 54568767868

     
  • At 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ruth Ann, Just to let you know that some good old Episcopalian prayers are coming your way, too. I was so touched by your granddaughters notes to you. How loved you are by your family and friends, and isn't that the greatest gift in the world. I love you, my friend, and you are in my thoughts constantly.

     
  • At 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    RA, It was fun (and surprising!) to bump into you at the movies. You looked great and I was so happy to see you enjoying yourself.
    Lots of love, pf

     
  • At 6:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We so love hearing news from the family about Ruth Ann and thank you for taking the time. I am personally glad for the blog.

    Have to say one more thing, Ruth Ann, don't know if you have ever heard me say, that you became a second mother for me... you should know how much influence for good you have, yes the present tense, on me. The summer of '72 will always be closest to my heart... along with many more memories, always recalled fondly.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home